May 13, 2010

Tonsils, Adnoids, Strep Throat & The Pool!!!

Well, as you can tell from the title I used, it has been a little crazy at our house.

The move went great. The majority of the house is all put together...minus a few boxes here and there. And, we are still working on the guest room. I need to get moving though~~ we have guests coming very soon, so we need to make their room all comfy & cozy!

The pool was a disaster when we closed. So, after two weeks of chemicals with no "clear blue" in sight, we decided to drain the water and start over!!!! As you can see, we made it a family affair. :)

Taylor, of course, was the little boss....notice her hands on her hips as you oversees her daddy's work ;)

And, Cole thought this was the most fun!! He used it as a machine gun~ hey, whatever works, huh??!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, by Sunday, the pool was filled back up with wonderful, sparkling, crystal blue water. Sounds like the perfect Mothers Day, doesn't it???? Well, not exactly!!!

The day started out beautifully with a nice breakfast, church, lunch and then BOOM! Half way through lunch, Cole turned as white as a sheep and let me know that he needed to go home and go to bed. WHAT???!!!! So, just as most mommy's do first, checked the forehead....yep, fever. So, home we go. After an afternoon of "I feel terrible", "I feel good as new", we ended up at the ER from 8:00 - 10:00. Strep Throat...or, that's what they said. I'm still not 100% convinced. He had a fever of 103, one swollen tonsil, a stomach ache, a headache and off and on body aches.  Fever broke around 10:30 and he's been fine ever since. So, who knows! I'm just glad he's feeling better.

That was Sunday...now, for Monday. Surgery Day!!!!! Yep, Taylor has had an ongoing sinus infection since December. Yes, you heard me correctly...December. So, time for those adnoids & tonsils to come out!! But, even though I knew it had to happen, I was still not in a "happy place" with it. But, we did it, it's over and all is great. That is until Wednesday afternoon......

Around 4:00, she became really congested and started coughing. The coughing scared me....but it wasn't bad until 4:00am. So, off to the doctor we go again! So, now, we have a different pain medicine and 2 different antibiotics....and, we are praying for relief.....and, for sleep!!!

So, as you can see, I haven't been away from the blog for no reason. Life is just kicking me in the rear right now. But, that's ok. My babies are ok (and will be even better in a few days) and we are loving our new house!!! We can't wait for our company to start getting here!!!

My momma, Maw-Maw, Ashley & Rebeka will be here in June and our best friends, The Johannes family, will be here for the 4th of July!!! We're so excited!!!

Sorry for the long post and lack of pictures. Just need to catch everyone up on our latest shananigans.....I do have some really sweet pictures from Taylors surgery day. Once I figure out how to get them off my phone, I will post :)


The Jarretts~ Matt, Joy, Cole & Taylor




No comments: