December 17, 2009

Christmas Fun!!


All the fun little Christmas-y things you ever wanted to know about me!!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
mostly wrapping paper, but some gift bags


2. Real tree or Artificial?
I grew up having a real tree, but due to allergies....we now use fake. But, it is BIG and BEAUTIFUL!!!


3. When do you take the tree down?
about 3-4 days after Christmas~since we are traveling back home this year, I won't make any predictions on how long it will take me to get it down this year!


4. How do you like your eggnog?
Iwill always drink just a little ;) Especially when it's Jim Jim's at the Lake!


5. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes~ many actually! My mom & I both LOVE nativity scenes, so we seem to have started a nice collection ;)


6. Describe this year's Christmas cards?
Some were picture cards and some were regular w/ a pic inside. And, unforunately some cards are missing pictures this year thanks to Shutterfly. I absolutely love ordering from them, but this year, a stack of pictures came to me very blurry :(  So, if your card doesn't have a picture, then I owe ya' one! Now, we forgot (yes, forgot) to take a family pic this year, so this is the one in the card. It was just the best I could do!




7. Favorite Christmas Movie/Cartoon?
A Christmas Story ~ always been my favorite. Although, I haven't seen it yet this year!!


8. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
usually right around Thanksgiving~ I'm all about getting a deal, so I will be out on Black Friday if there is something in particular that I determined not to pay full price for!!! Remember, I'm a Frugalista!!!


9. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
yep~ I sure have! And, I am proud to say it. I try not to be wasteful...so, if it's a perfectly good gift that I just won't use, then yes, I will pass it along to you if I think you will use it!


10. Lights on the tree?
I always had colored bubble lights (the BEST) growing up~see pic below. Then, when it was just me and Matt, we did white lights, which I love!!! But, now that we have children, we are back to colored lights. Cole & Taylor love all the colors and it's all about them anyway!!!



11. Favorite Christmas song(s)?
Mary Did You Know


12. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel usually, but a star this year - most of our Christmas decorations are "lost" in our storage unit :(


13. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Both~now, all of you know what I big family Matt & I both have. So, our gathering schedule this year is CRAZY!!! We drive into SC on Saturday morning, the 19th. We will go to Morganton on Sunday for the Franklin gathering, to Indian Trail on Wednesday to visit our best friends Chip & Heather, back to York on Thursday morning to see my dads family, then that afternoon we go to Lake Norman for the Jarrett gathering, then we will leave there around 6:00 to go to my grandmothers for my moms family gathering. FUN! FUN! FUN! Busy day but FUN!!!


14. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Rude behavior....hands down!!


15. Favorite ornament theme or color?
oh, I love all ornaments....I especially like the ones my kids are making me these days!


16. What do you want for Christmas this year?
No family drama~~~I don't really have an item I want for Christmas this year. Except a house!!! I know, I know. But, we just put an offer in on a house, so I'm really hoping that will work out! We are hoping to know by Monday, so I will keep you posted!


17. Favorite thing about Christmas?
Every single bit of it!!!


18. What decoration do you put on your door?
Usually a wreath ~ but, it too is lost in the storage unit!


19. What strange gift have you bought this year?
no strange gifts this year~ at least I don't think so ;)


20. Do you buy Christmas stuff the January following Christmas?
hmm....usually yes~ Christmas decor on sale at Hobby Lobby is the best!

Now it's YOUR turn!!


--

If you have a blog, join in on the fun.
Post your answers and leave the link in the comments.
--
If you're not a blogger, pick out a few of your favorite questions and answer them in the comments.
--

Can't wait to learn some of the fun little Christmas facts about you ...


No comments: