December 28, 2009

~Merry Christmas~

I hope you all had a wonderful & blessed Christmas!! I know I did!!

We are now back in Florida~ we arrived at 4am on Sunday morning. Long drive, but we arrived safely. I am still trying to recoup from last week...I had a very tiring week: 2 very excited kids, a migraine (my 1st) that lasted 3 days, lots of traveling & visiting, a long drive home, a very messy condo thanks to all of our new gifts and now a little bit of vertigo issues to deal with.  I also have a VERY ill 3 year little girl that is causing a lot of drama for me today. So, as I'm sure you can tell....I'm ready for Matt to be home from work & Calgon!!! 

Here are a few photos from our week in SC. Hope you enjoy!




Cole & Taylor were waiting so patiently for gift time!!

This is me with my sister, Jennifer and Taylor.




Loo Loo (my mom) with Cole & Taylor.


I was finally able to get a picture of me and Matt with our best friends~ Chip & Heather. We had a great time visiting them and their beautiful girls (below)!



I just love this picture! How could you not??!! This is my kids with Chip & Heathers ~ Kiersten, Taylor, Kylie & then Cole. They have so much fun together!!


Matt with his precious Nanny, Lucille. She has alzheimers, so she doesn't know who we are normally....but, Matt got a wonderful Christmas gift this year. After her just smiling at us for a few hours, she was blessed with a brief moment of clarity. She knew who Matt was and was so excited to see him. It was just awesome to watch that wonderful moment.



This picture was taken in Lake Norman at the Jarrett Family Christmas. Boyd & Erin with their daughters Emersyn & Presley ~ Presley is the newest Jarrett family baby and she is beautiful just like her sister. And, holding Emersyn is Emily and then Lacey. Emily is Lacey's step daughter and she is such a wonderful, beautiful little girl. I am so glad that we were able to see her!

This picture was taken at my grandmothers house~ Christmas Eve. Apparently, one of my cousins received a scarf as a gift, but Taylor decided to try it on and model it for us. She put on quite the show!!


This is my sister Jennifer with our bundles of joy~I unfortunately was on the "wrong" side of the camera ;) But, we are so proud of our kids!!!

Matt & I are so blessed to have such wonderful (and huge) families. Our family gatherings are all perfect~ wild and noisy!!! Just the way we like it.

Unfortunately, we were not able to get together with the Franklin family group this year. The is Ruby's family ~ Matt's mother who passed away 5 years ago.  Morganton was blessed with 12 inches of snow, so our gathering there was cancelled due to weather. So, even though we know they all enjoyed the snow, we sure are sad that we weren't able to enjoy them this year.

And, as always, Matt & I had grief to deal with this Christmas season as I know many people do. We miss my Dad, Kenny & his Mom, Ruby very much. My dad passed away 6 years ago and his mom, 5 years. We miss them so much, but are so thankful that they are no longer in pain. We love you Daddy & Ruby!

With Love & Blessings



No comments: